Wednesday, September 12, 2007

What a difference a year makes.

Today's my birthday. No, you don't get to ask which one. :) I took the day off from the ddj to get some writing done and do what I wanted to do. I got edits done this morning on my Caveman anthology story, Taste of Honey, part of Ellora's Cave Seasons of Seduction IV which will be out in December. Yay! I got a lot of writing done today on my current story which I'll be submitting for next year's Cavemen. Keep your fingers crossed they'll be open for something a little different :) I also got caught up on laundry (Okay, not what I'd like to do on my birthday but, trust me, it had to be done.)

I also thought back on the past year and what a lot has happened since my last birthday. Last year at this time I was still unpublished. I had several projects out at publishers, but I hadn't yet gotten any positive responses. It took a couple more weeks for me to get the first one from Samhain. The Ride of Her Life will be released as a download on November 6th! In the next few months, I got positive responses from Ellora's Cave and Red Sage, too. But last year on September 12th, I had no idea any of this was going to happen.

So who knows what will happen in the next 52 weeks?? It's kind of exciting to imagine what stories I might sell. What stories I might write! I can't wait.

Natasha

13 comments:

Karen Erickson said...

You've had a lot of success this past year - I wish you much more!!

Hope you've had a happy birthday.

:)

Anonymous said...

Happy birthday! And -- I totally hear you about the turning of the years.

On my last birthday, in April, something inside went, okay, now. So I stopped wishing and wanting and writing fanfic and actually got back out there trying to get published. A month later I signed my first contract. This week I signed a second one, and found a place to pitch a third project.

Here's to a great new year!

Natasha Moore said...

Thanks, Karen and Lyra - here's to a great year for all of us!

Two Voices Publishing said...

Happy Birthday and congrats on a successful year!

I look back too and see how much difference 12 months can make. Two years ago I was unpublished, a year ago I was searching for an agent, now two of my novels are making rounds in NY. It's exciting to think what another 12 months will bring.

Anonymous said...

Happy birthday and congratulations! A year makes a huge difference - I too was unpublished last year at this time, and now I have three stories out, one contracted and another in submission. Who knows where we will be in another year. I wish you all the best and much success! :-)

Jax Cassidy said...

Congrats of your evolution! A sale and a writing future is the perfect way to think of your journey from one birthday to the next...you're doing great!

Natasha Moore said...

Thanks JAC, MG, and Jax.
Can't wait to see what the next twelve months has in store for all of us :)

Heather said...

Hope you had a happy birthday and have much success in the coming year, Natasha!

Anonymous said...

SUPRISE!!!

A year can make all the difference in the world!

WOW, Lucky Number 7!!!

Congrats on everything and remember you HAVE autograph everything for me!

I Love You!

Natasha Moore said...

Thanks for stopping by, hon! I love ya too!

Cynthia Eden said...

Happy (late) Birthday, Natasha!

Emma Sanders said...

Happy belated birthday, and here's to another year of success!

Nicole North said...

Happy belated birthday, Natasha! And congratulations on your successes this year!
Nicole