Tuesday, December 12, 2006

There's ideas...and then there's IDEAS

The question I get most from people who find out I'm a writer is "Where do you get your ideas?" Now I thought they would ask "How do I find the time?" or "What's your book about?" but usually they want to know about the ideas.

It's such a hard question to answer, because sometimes I have no idea where the idea comes from :) Sometimes a title comes to me first and I know I have to write that story. Sometimes it starts with something I hear or see on a book, on TV, in real life. Sometimes I honestly can't remember.

As frustrating as that question is to answer, sometimes I read a book and I'm so blown away by the story that I want to ask the same question. "How did you come up with that idea?" One book that comes to mind recently was SLAVE TO SENSATION by Nalini Singh. If you haven't read it yet, run out and get a copy. Thank goodness it's the first in a series. I can't wait for the next story to come out. If you love to get lost in a story, lost in the world and the characters, lost in the awesome writing, you'll love this story.

I just wish I knew where she came up with the idea...

Natasha

1 comment:

Nalini Singh said...

If I told you, I'd have to kill you *grin* Thanks for the awesome review!